Friday, December 23, 2011

2011 Round-up

x
x
x
Since it's getting close to the end of 2011, I thought it fitting for me to post a round-up of people, places and events that occured during the year.

I've worked in three locations this year.  Here is a summary of each:
  • Kansas City, MO ~ North Kansas City Hospital
    • High nurse patient ratio's 1:8
    • Largest unit I've ever worked on at 52 beds
    • Traveler friendly on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best: 6/10
    • Busy...busy....busy!
  • Providence, RI
    • Average nurse patient ratio's 1:5-6
    • 20 some bed unit
    • Traveler friendly: 9/10 (These nurses were very welcoming)
    • Nice slow easy work pace
  • Chicago, IL
    • Average nurse patient ratio's 1-5-6
    • 20 something bed unit
    • Traveler friendly: 5/10
    • Moderately busy but not overwhelming
Places that I've traveled (I'll include my travel nursing locations here as well)

  • Kansas City, MO
    • Tons to see and do
    • Surprised me on it's diversity
    • COLD (I was here in winter)
    • I would consider going back (during warmer months)
  • New Orleans, LA
    • Traveled here twice this year.  Once for MG and again for French Quarter Fest
    • Always love NOLA
    • I WILL go back.
  • Minnieapolis, MN
    • Surprisingly fun city
    • Always something fun to do/see
    • Would go back to explore more
  • Louisville, KY
    • Stayed here with a friend to recouperate from surgery
    • Somewhat of a home away from home for me
    • Visited with friends and family
    • I'll always come back due to family in the area.
  • Road Trip across Pennsylvania (twice)
    • Loved the covered bridges
    • People were helpful and friendly
    • Great comfort food
    • Hated Hershey, PA
  • Hoboken, NJ
    • Went to see Carlo's Bakery (for Trinity)
    • Small town feel with all of the big city ammenities
    • Would love to go back
  • Providence, RI
    • Got robbed twice
    • First place I lived was ghetto...moved into hotel
    • People at work were the only redeeming quality
    • Would return but have to find a good spot to live
  • Chicago, IL
    • Always tons to do/see
    • COLD (winter in Chicago...not smartest choice)
    • Live too far from the 'city'
    • Would return if I could live closer to downtown.
So it looks like I managed about 8 states.  Not too bad for a girl that had two surgeries this year and was down and out for a good two months.

No international travel this year which is a bit disappointing but I'm heading to South America in February....so how is a girl to complain?

Where did you go in 2011?  What was your favorite and why?  Have you been to any of the places I went in 2011?  If so, were your impresssions different?

No comments:

Post a Comment