Sunday, January 23, 2005

The Final Days

Well, I know it's been a while since i've posted and to those of you following this...my appologies! I have been working with several recruiters in attempt to find the "perfect" assignment. So far, I am beginning to think that this is futile. On Thursday, I recieved calls from three different recruiters with whom I was awaiting interviews. One client dropped the pay by $7/hr, the next decided that the positions were filled and the third decided that they no longer needed a traveler and put the assignment on hold....so here I am a week past my deadline still waiting to decide on a position. I am hoping that I will have my final interview tomorrow and be able to make a decision. Right now, I am looking at either a home health positon in California or a LTC position in Southern Texas. I am actually holding out for the Southern Texas job!! Wish me luck!!

I am down to five more working days at the current assignment and things are getting more and more difficult to deal with...the disorganization and mis-management are intollerable at times. I spent my day today sorting through things and attempting to begin my packing. I assure you that I really did not get much done...but then again, I dont have much to pack either.

Friday night I went out to dinner with Pam, a fellow traveler, in Providence. We ate a a place called the Big Fish...great food! Needless to say...I overate!! I then spent the rest of the evening saying my goodbye's to my friend Walter. We have been seeing each other since September and it was actually kind of sad to be leaving and not knowing when I will see him again. Yes...I really did write that! He is one of few that really "understand" me.

So, I guess you could say that it is going to be a little bittersweet leaving here. The people/friends that I have met during my time here will stay with me forever...the experience is one not to be forgotten. The best advice I can give anyone is to make your own judgements on an area and it's people...the people here are not what I would ever had expected.

I am looking forward to going home and seeing my friends...I am actually going to make time to see everyone while I am home this time!! It is so difficult to do that, especially during the holidays but this time I am committed!! I have such wonderful and supportive friends and although I probably dont let them know...I appreciate them sooo very much!!

We had a blizzard come through last night...see the picture attached. The picture really doesn't do it justice. I commend the highway department here in MA for their quick and constant response to the snowfall...they were parked on the side of the highways long before the snow started falling and worked all night to clear the roads and keep them passable. I haven't ventured out yet...really dont care for the snow, but traffic seems to be moving along fine.

The Patriots have made it to the SuperBowl!!! YEAH Go PAT's!!! I'm sure that Boston will go crazy next week watching the game...guess i'll be missing that one.

It may be a while before I get back online to update, so much to do.... Please be patient and I will fill you all in when I can. I'll be in Kendallville, IN on Saturday then in Louisville, KY on Feb 2nd then on to New Orleans on the 4th then from there to my next assignment....gonna be a traveling gal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment