Saturday, February 05, 2005

Trip update

Well....made it to Indiana!! I spent a wonderful 3 days in Kendallville with my daughter and family. It was so good to see Trinity. She is having a difficult time with me moving to a new place. She was a little tearful but I think that she is going to be fine in the long run. Hopefully she will get to visit me in March for Spring Break. From Kendallville, I was off to Southern Indiana....had a fun reunion with some of my friends/co-workers there. I only had a day and half there and had so much to do that I really didn't get to spend as much time with people as I had hoped but at least I got to see most everyone.

I had set up a get-together in both Kendallville and Louisville and it was interesting that my "home town" of Kendallville...none of my friends showed up and in Louisville...almost every one that I invited showed!! Guess maybe home isn't really Kendallville, huh?? There were a couple of friends that wern't able to make it in louisville and I wasn't able to see them but maybe next time will work out better.

I am now sitting in the hotel in NOLA...the trip here was uneventful, thankfully!! Went to the quarter last night and had a great time, as always!! Right now we are just resting up for tonite, ha ha.

We ran into a "Mardi Gras Virgin" last night and had to give him a lesson on the proper bartering for beads....I think I have a pic, I'll check later and try to get some posted. Got some good beads!!

On the job front, everything is in place. Just wating for a couple of revisions on my contract and then it will be finalized. My TX license went through without any issues and housing is set up and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment