Thursday, April 27, 2006

Interesting weather...

Well, I arrived in Scottsbluff with 70mph winds...for several days straight!! Then the weather turned great: sunny and warm (in the 80's). Over the weekend, we got 4 inches of SNOW!! Today it's great again...no wind...no snow...and high 70's!! The weather has been interesting. I can't remember the last time that I saw snow after Easter. Guess it's abnormal for this area too.

I have been taking the dogs to the dogpark as often as possible. They have made some new friends and I have too. I met the Chief of the Rural Fire Department, Ron. He is pretty nice and has two beagles. I met a "bounty hunter" Rodney, and his (cant remember the breed) large dog Rex. There are several others that we have met but I have only seen them once and you know how awful I am with names!! Ha Ha

Aco and I took a drive up Scotts Bluff and the view is amazing!! It was like driving up a giant sandcastle! The valley below is beautiful from that height and you can see forever! Aco has NO FEAR and was teetering right on the edge...I think if I had let her go she would have scaled the side down to the bottom!! I couldn't get too close...felt like the ground was moving! We went on the spur of the moment so I didnt have my camera with me. I'll get back there again before I leave and get some pictures....

Nothing else to report today...

No comments:

Post a Comment