Friday, June 10, 2005

Homesick...yes, I'm HOMESICK!!

I dont really know if it's home-sickness or if it's just stress!! I'm finished with my third week on the job and the job is going great but the company that I work for is fu**ing horrible! I arrived in San Diego with not much $$ left from my stash. It costs a lot to drive half way across the country. So, not to worry I told myself. I was only a week away from a paycheck and I was alone, so If the food situation was slim then maybe my body would be too...ha ha! So, when it was time for my first check, I waited....and called....and waited...and called...and called...and waited!! Well you get the picture. So here I am now with two teenage boys in the house (Corey and his friend Jason) with NO food and NO money!! And my company says "sorry"!! At 35 years old, I called my Dad and asked to have him send $$ for me. I also needed to book my airline ticket to go home to get Trinity so again, Dad helped me out!! Talk about feeling like shit!! It really sucks to have to ask your parents for $$ when you are a full grown WORKING adult!! Finally, last weeks pay came through for me...although it was short by about $400!! I was told "dont worry, we will put it on your next check" yeah...easy for them to say!! They didn't have to just ask "Dad" to wire money!!!

So here we are waiting for week two's paycheck to come.....

I called the company this morning because the check hadn't posted to my checking account and I was told "we're sorry, it didn't go direct deposit like it was supposed to but I have a check for you here in my hand...what do you want me to do?" Well...what I wanted to say was for them to "fly your fu**ing @$$ out to California on the next "red=eye" and bring me my damn money!!" However, I held my breath (Corey keeps telling me that I'm too mean with people and basically he thinks that you get more with sugar than with vinegar) maybe he's right?? So it was concluded that the $$ would be fed-exed to me to arrive by 10:30am tomorrow, Friday. This is all good and fine.....know what time my flight leaves tomorrow?? 11:30am!!! So...here I sit hoping against hope that the fed-ex guy will deliver early tomorrow so that I can make my flight with a little hope of some cash!! I have $40 in my pocket and $-23 in the bank currently!! My auto insurance wasn't paid (just realized that yesterday), my car payment is LATE, my student loans are LATE, I owe my Dad about $500....and I'm so stressed out that I cant even relax!!

Oh yeah...I almost forgot!! My company called me today to tell me that the almost $1000 that they owe me for my travel and license reimbursement isn't going to come till next week!!! Do you think that will happen??? Not Likely!!!

Realize that even if I do get a check tomorrow...there isn't ANYWHERE here that will cash the damn thing for me....outta state check ya know?? So.....I will have to hope that somewhere in Louisville, I can get a check cashed!! Or, maybe I can cry and beg and plead a little with who knows who to get some help???? I feel so lost, angry, alone, and pissed!! Then to top it all off, I dont even know how I am going to get my stuff packed up in the $300 rental truck that I have reserved??? No one is going to be available to help....great??@!@ So, right now I am thinking that I may just pass the rental truck, get a van or something and just take the stuff that is sentimental to me?? Who knows? Maybe I should just keep stuff in storage for now and go home later to deal with this? If I just go home and get my baby (Trinity) and give her a hug....I'll feel sooooo much better!! Know what?? I miss my Daddy too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment